Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  if you looking for good answers about mac or any product of apple (ipad, iphones, ect..) contact me

When message records are dropped from my iPhone are they

Customer Question

When message records are dropped from my iPhone are they stored in the cloud, and are they retrievable?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

When you receive a text messages they are stored on your phone memorry (locally on the device itself and not in icloud) and are only copied off the device when you do a backup. That backup is usually to the iCloud (but also locally through iTunes) . so if you do a backup you can retreive your messages from icloud.

For example if you have a backup, when you connect your iphone to iCloud it should ask you if you want to restore to a certain date, and allow you to select the date if you have backups.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Additional Information on how to backup your messages from icloud or itunes :

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, positive rating are appreciated.if you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Note : Only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. if you are not satisfied for any reason, please don’t Rate an answer as Bad or Poor Service if you are not satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Thank you