Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Can you update my first generation iPad from iOS 5.1.1 to

Customer Question

Hi can you update my first generation iPad from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 9.3.1?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately No. iPad 1st Gen can go only up to iOS 5.1.1

This is because the iPad 1st Gen's hardware is not powerful enough to handle anything higher than iOS 5

Only iPad 2 and later can be upgraded iOS 9

I know this might not be the answer you are looking for, but this is the real answer. If you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm happy to answer follow up questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Look, what I was asking if you could updated my iPad but if you cannot, I do not believe I have to pay any money.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How you ask to be connect to my device if you said cannot be done?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

The remote support offer is the message sent by this website. Not by me. Please ignore it.

It is not possible to update the iPad 1 to latest iOS because there is NO update released than 5.1.1

What you are asking is impossible to do. If you are not satisfied, then please don't rate the answer anything. You can close this page without rating anything and ignore rating requests.

You can contact***@******.*** for refund.