Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I can't open my iPhoto it has a no circle around it and says

Customer Question

I can't open my iPhoto it has a white no circle around it and says that it needs to update. When i choose to update that what it says that it is not an app in the united states. So I went the other route to try and update and it says This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled.
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: neither is true
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarting it. I recently updated my email address
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! Can you tell me what version of OS X you're running? To find out:

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back from you.