Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Some of my windows won't close when i t the red close button

Customer Question

Some of my windows won't close when i hit the red close button
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: on and off today, but now seems frozen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing, this is a new iMac and my first experience using a mac
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job.
Customer: ok
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: where do my scanned documents go when i scan them? i found them in documents earlier today, i made a scanned documents folder and moved one in there, but now they are all gone.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

If the windows are frozen, then you can force quit them. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force quit window (or click on Apple icon and select Force Quit). Select the frozen window/application and click Force quit. Click Finder and select Relaunch in there.

The scanned documents should be normally saved in Documents or Pictures folder. Click on the Finer icon on the dock. Then in Finder, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Home. This will open your home folder. You can find the scanned documents in Documents or Pictures folder unless you moved to different location. Check all the folders inside your home folder for the folder.

If you don't see them, then just search them on Spotlight (magnifier icon at top right of the screen). Just enter the folder or file name there and it will show them.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you