Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

Where is my speed settings on youtube videos on ipad mini. I

Customer Question

where is my speed settings on youtube videos on ipad mini. I want to slow down my painting class and can't find the speed settings on the lower right as on my computer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Customer, and thank you for choosing

The speed of the youtube player is set, only when using the HTML5 enabled web browser.

Are you using the Safari browser on the ipad? or are you using the YouTube App?

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

It sounds like you are using YouTube App to watch YouTube videos. Mobile versions often have much less functionality. With the official YouTube app there is (currently) no function to control the speed of a video.

To get that functionality on your iPad please use Chrome web browser to access YouTube.

Go to App Store -> download "chrome".

Open it and go to

On the top right there are three dots -> request desktop site

If you play the video you should be able to see the gear on the bottom right of the video player