Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a BLOCKED PLUG IN box I cannot get rid of. : THat's

Customer Question

I have a BLOCKED PLUG IN box I cannot get rid of.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THat's it. I just have this black box in the upper right corner that says Blocked Plug In.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Which version of Mac OS is on your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I know? I think it's OS 10?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That sounded funny...I meant how do I know where to find that information? lol Sorry.

okay, thank you. I can check on this for you with a Secure Remote Screen Connect Session.

Do you have TeamViewer installed on the computer?

To find the OS you can right click on the Apple at the top of your screen and then choose about this Mac.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's ok...thank you. L

does the Blocked Plug In tell you which app is being blocked?

It is usually an update, like Flash, iPhoto, etc... that Safari blocks the plug in update for.

do you still need help?