Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Safari bookmarks default to original loaded bookmarks. All

Customer Question

Safari bookmarks default to original loaded bookmarks. All my added bookmarks are not there. When I do a backup restore to an earlier date all my added bookmarks are visible on bookmark bar and in other folders. I can access the bookmarks for site changes etc. When I attempt to add a new bookmark, folders default back to original program marks plus only the new bookmark I am trying to add. Have run the Utilities cleanup program on both HD and time machine HD I do not use Cloud backup.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It sounds like this issue is happening on your mac, and not an ipad or iphone. To get started, whats the OS version on your mac?

You can check as follows.. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

And also, it may be best if I connect to your mac directly via secure remote assistance, so I can fix the problem directly.

If youd like to try that option ( which is guaranteed fix or you will get a full 100% refund ), then accept the offer I am sending you now and then I will send you the connection steps.

Dustin S