Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

On macbook air, screen reads bluetooth setup assistant, and

Customer Question

on macbook air, screen reads bluetooth setup assistant, and the cursor is frozen in upper left hand corner of the screen. I shut down computer and when i restart, the blue tooth set up assistant is still there. I don't have a bluetooth keyboard -- so what can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: got it in late 2013
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I have never seen this window before. I don't know my operating system because I can't access About This Mac.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try two repairs, and then we should be able to get past that message so we can disable the bluetooth assistant.

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Then, see if the mac will start and if you can get past that message.. If not, shut it down.

Then, h old down the left shift key and start the mac, keep holding it till you see it loading the OS with the grey bar or apple symbol.

That should start you in safe mode.

Once booted, go into sy stem preferences, user accounts, login items, and disable all login items.. ( that should stop the bluetooth assistant from triggering)

Y ou should t hen be able to restart normally, and all should be well.

if you get stuck, or run into any issues or if these steps dont work, please send a reply and let me know so that I can assist you further. And if these steps work please dont forget to send a reply so we can mark this issue as solved!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
now I can't get it to turn off
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
feels like the keyboard isnt working --
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

If you press and hold the power button, it wont shut off?