Christopher Holl
Christopher Holl,
Experience:  Network Manager at Technic In

I have a new password to go with my Yahoo email. How can I

Customer Question

I have a new password ***** go with my Yahoo email. How can I put it in so that it satisfies my caldav.calendar
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Friday, June 3, 2016
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: On my desktop, I have a home page email account, which comes up right away, instead of having to go on-line and type in my email account. Since I changed the password, I get a message whenever I turn on my computer or try to go to the email on home page, saying that I need to go to and update my password. I try to do this, but it won't allow it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I spoke with Verizon Wireless earlier today to update my password, so that I get my email on my iPhone.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for contacting us about your issue. For this type of issue, it is easiest if I connect to your computer and perform the fix for you so that you can sit back, relax, and watch the process being completed rather than trying to follow complicated steps.

I am sending you a remote services offer so that I can connect. After you accept the offer, I will provide you with the steps so I can connect. Please allow 1-2 minutes for the offer to appear.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't want the premium service offer for secure remote assistance. I need help with this. ASAP.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i need another expert to help me with this question.
Expert:  Christopher Holl replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like the browser may have the credentials saved or the mac may. You can erase them from the keychain in mac and each browser has different settings. Which browser are you using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you get my answer? Safari?

ok yes. In that case the credentials (if stored) are likely in your keychain. Under the spotlight search, type in "keychain". Open the "keychain" item and look for the outdated credentials. You should be able to delete them from there. Let me know if you need more specifics or if this does not work.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is spotlight search?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found spotlight under system preferences and typed in keychain but got a lot of keyboard choices

Launch Safari, open Safari’s preferences, and click the Passwords tab

Here you should find the cached credentials. I apologize for the delay in response...

Did this help? Please rate my service if you're done!