Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

System preferences won't open on my mac book pro : 2008 Mac

Customer Question

system preferences won't open on my mac book pro
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2008 Mac OS X version 10.6.8
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My clock is set at 12/31/2000. I'm not able to work on Chrome because the clock needs to be changed but I can't change the clock because my system preferences won't open.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,