Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

If i download party poker onto my mac and create multiple

Customer Question

hi, if i download party poker onto my mac and create multiple users on my mac, does party poker know that it is all originating from the same computer? (ignore IP) ie, one party poker account will login from 1 user on the mac. 2nd party poker account will login from the 2nd user on the mac, etc
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
k thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You can have different poker accounts on different user accounts. But re your question, Yes Party Poker can know they are all originating from same computer by tracking the IP address of your Mac.

Your computer will have same kind of IP address irrespective of the account you are logged in. If you would like different IP address, then you can try VPN application which will give you option to change the IP address, location, country etc

Would you like to know more about VPN ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Those kind of websites usually track IP address. Other than that, they shouldn't be able to track since you are logging from different user accounts. One account doesn't have access to other account's files and the preference files or cookies or library files used by one user account is exclusive to that account.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi, let me give you more details. I will change my ip from each account so the IP address will not be an issue.However, when I was using a different program called pokernow (canadian poker website) and created multiple accounts under different users...after 3 i got a message this computer has registered the maximum users. Somehow it knew that it was all the same computer. Does party poker know this too? Am i better off using a windows computer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It is possible that that application is sharing or putting some check-files in system library folder (which is accessible or can be checked by all accounts).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do i delete these? how do i get around this?
Am i better off using a windows computer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You probably can't delete because those should be core files required to run that program. Even if you delete them, the app will create new ones.

There is one option. You can setup virtual operating systems on your Mac (install other OS inside your Mac like Windows or Linux) and then install that on each virtual OS. This will work.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

In Windows, you definitely can achieve this by using VPN and/or Sandbox applications like Sandboxie -->

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a link on how to do this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i think the virtual OS is more certain right?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

There are two ways to install Windows on your Mac. By Bootcamp or using Virtualization applications.

Bootcamp, see here -->

If you install Windows via Bootcamp, then you have to restart your Mac to switch between Windows and Mac. But they will be independent and considered as two computers.

Another method is by virtualization. You can use Parallels or VMWare Fusion to achieve this.

Parallels -->

or VMWare Fusion -->

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You have to buy Windows operating system to install it on your Mac.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which one is the best for many users, not just 2?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Bootcamp will only allow you to install one copy of Windows, so you can only run OS at a time - Mac or Windows.

But with Parallels or VMWare Fusion, you can run Mac and Windows at same time. I prefer VMWare Fusion.

Remember, according to the rules of that game, one user should have only one account. They track credit card activity, IP addreses, cookies etc and if they find any conflicts, they will close the account.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, hopefully the last question. How do i create like 20 accounts? Virtual OS? and for each one i pay a license?? Please help me on this and i'll give you 5 stars lol
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It is possible to run multiple different OS on your computer through virtualization and thus can have multiple accounts. But 20 accounts ? That's a lot. You can't run 20 different OS at a time. Your Mac can't handle it.

If that game is available for Linux, then you can grab a copy of Linux (any version which is free) and install it on your Mac via Virutalization applications like Parallels or VMWare. You can have as many as virual machines you want, but you can only run one at a time.

So you can install 20 copies of Linux independently and have the game run on it. But not at same time

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i only need to run 1 at a time. i havve a a mac. whats the best way? sorry lol
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Virualization is the best way. But I'm pretty sure sooner or later, they might be able to track these accounts and ban them.

I may have another suggestion. Why don't you get a Windows tablet (like Dell Venue 8 Pro) and setup the game on them. That is the safe way and you can get these tablets cheaper than Windows licence

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i'm lost now. they can track the virtualization ones? and what about the dell venue? i would create multiple users on one machine or buy many of these tablets and one account per tablet?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Like this one -->

These are fully functional computers (not Android or iOS tablets) which can run most of all Windows software games like the party poker game. All you need is a VPN software on it and you are good to go. In fact, all of you can play at same time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you suggesting I buy 20 of these or i create multiple users on this because it doesn't share core files?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You know, each machine have their own ID called Mac Address. These are distinctive address assigned to a computer. One computer have one address. These games may have some algorithm to check them (we don't know what these games check since we don't have access to the programming details). Some games doesn't check these things but some do especially those are financial in nature. If this game only check software based things, then you can create mulitple users on multiple OS which can be installed via virtualization.

Multiple users on Mac OS X (without virtual OS) will not help as there is a chance that they may share same core library files and may result in ban.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what's the solution for me?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Well, for 20 accounts it is better to get different computers like Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet.

You can test virtualization if you want. I can't guranatee it will be ban-proof. All though the virtualization OS are considered as different or isolated one, they are sharing same hardware of your Mac. 90% of the time, it shouldn't cause any problem as the program running running on each OS will be considered as different. Also, since they are sharing same IP address that may create problem.

Download a copy of VMWare Fusion and also download copy of Ubuntu (which is free). Then setup Ubuntu on VMWare Fusion. Load it and install that game on it. You can install as many Ubuntu Linux you want and have different copy of game on them. However, you will be able to load one Ubuntu Linux at a time on VMWare Fusion. You can install Windows same way instead of Ubuntu, but the issue is you have to buy individual license for each copy of Window you install.

Since you are handling 20 accounts, I think it'd be better you buy the Windows tablet (like the Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet). This way you are using different computers which is more safer to handle multiple accounts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i actually need this for 50 users so buying 50 tablets is too expensive :(
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes, but it is too risky to run them all on same Mac. It may result in mass ban. I read that these games uses special codes to track IP, cookies and some other things to find out multiple accounts on same computer. In fact, it is not practical to create 50 accounts or virtualize 50 operating system on Mac. Your Mac can't handle it. For that, you have to build a very powerful PC with lots of space on drive.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I just read some forums about Party poker and found that many people's accounts are being blocked even when running the game on different computers, but on same network. So it seems like their limitation is 1 account per household. 50+ accounts on same computer even on virtualized OS is too risky.

Also if you create more than 10 user accounts on your Mac, it will affect the performance of your Mac as well.

If you make multiple virtual machine on your Mac, it will take up all the space in the driver and may affect the performance of your Mac. I believe it is not feasible to run 50+ poker accounts on same Mac.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I should buy 50 tablets yes?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes, but not all at once. Buy a few first (like 5) and test with them for some time. Remember, it is very important to use VPN or different WiFi connections on them. If you use same WiFi connection without VPN, they will detect it and may block it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

There are even cheaper Windows tablet or netbooks available than Venue 8 Pro. Might be better to do a search on eBay. Like this -->

Venue 8 Pro is a decent one with good specs. You can attach keyboard and mouse on these tablets and these are fully functional computers.