tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.

O is completely frozen in the middle of 3 days making an

Customer Question

o is completely frozen in the middle of 3 days making an i-photo book on Japan, the rest of the iMac works, how do I unfreeze it without loosing my photo book half finished?
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My iCloud photo completely froze after 3 days of making a photo album on Japan , I am scared of quitting for fear of losing what has already been done? Please advise, many thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no, it has not happened before, the battery is full and the computer is only 5 months old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately the only fix is either to restart your Mac or to restart the iCloud Photos process.

To force iPhoto to refresh, open the Activity Monitor app and search for 'photo'. One of the processes that will come up will be iCloud Photos. Select this process, then click the X button to force the process to terminate.

This process will automatically restart, iPhoto now will refresh

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!