Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a problem with Picasa. Some files have vanished,

Customer Question

I have a problem with Picasa. Some files have vanished, after I looked up their position on the disc. Not in the recycle bin. How can I get them Back?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have several folders on Picasa. I wasn't sure where they were on the hard drive, so I looked up "locate folder" or similar. Folder was located, but has now vanished. This wasn't just one; I've lost at least 4 folders of pictures
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I want to know how to find these folders
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start?

Would you like me help you recover the files remotely?

Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a PC so I doubt if a Mac service can deal with my problem. Thank you for response. Please can I have my deposit back?

This isn't just a Mac service, we work mostly on PCs with Windows.

It's actually a lot easier to retrieve lost files on Windows than it is on a Mac so you're in luck.

Would you like me to help you retrieve them?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please help. These are old files, from 2002/3. I am now using Windows 10.Linda

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.