Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Firefox has an update but they won't let me apply it; it

Customer Question

Firefox has an update but they won't let me apply it; it says I don't have permission and that I need to contact my system administrator. Now it's almost impossible to connect to my websites. Help!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? You can find it from Apple menu > About This Mac

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Download a fresh copy of Firefox from here --> https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-46.0.1-SSL&os=osx&lang=en-US

Open the downloaded Firefox file. Then click and drag the downloaded Firefox app to your Applications folder. If asked to replace older version, then click Replace or Yes.

This will install a fresh Firefox. If you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will continue to help you