Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I'm running an older Mac with OX10.6.8 and iPhoto '09. I

Customer Question

I'm running an older Mac with OX10.6.8 and iPhoto '09. I have never had trouble converting my slideshows to DVD before, but lately I can't get iPhoto to slideshow at all. I click on the slideshow button and nothing happens, even after an extended wait. Can I do anything to make it work properly?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Let's check some things before we begin:

Click on the first icon in the Dock (the list of icons at the bottom of your screen) which is the “face” the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Disk Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Disk Permissions if it is not successful let me know.