Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Whilst working on a video I took the wheel seems to have got

Customer Question

Whilst working on a video I took the wheel seems to have got stuck as it has been revolving for 15 minutes now! HELP!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I separated a clip and then clicked on the moving arm to restart and the circle came up and wont stop rotating.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't want to loose all the editing I've been doing really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What program is it that you were using to edit video, specifically?

And also, do you know what version of mac osx you have installed > You can check as follows

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5I'm doing basic editing in imovie
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Will it let you access the file button at the top? If so, can you try to click file, save, and try to save your project?

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, thanks for your help but I've just lost my work and have to start from scratch it seems!
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Thats unfortunate..

You may want to try a few repairs first, just to make sure imovie is running properly

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the upper right habnd side click first aid, then click first aid again.

Once that completes, go to your user library folder

This will help you get there.

Then, once your in the user / library folder.. Go into the preferences folder.

Then, find any files that start with and trash them all

Once trashed, restart your mac and then start imovie.. It should be running a bit better. Just to be safe though, Id consider saving your project every 15 minutes till your sure that it isnt going to crash on you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.