Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have an iMAC, plus an iPhone 6. I am currently getting a

Customer Question

I have an iMAC, plus an iPhone 6. I am currently getting a message on the IMAC screen saying iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is locked with a passcode. I have entered the iPhone passcode to no avail ??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message when entering the passcode on your iPhone?

Do you remember your iPhone's passcode?

Did your passcode work fine previously?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Disconnect the iPhone from the computer, then on the iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then enter your passcode and check. Are you able to use the phone? Or is there any error or message?

Solution #2;

- If that does not work, please try:

1. If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.
  2. Open iTunes program on your iMac computer.
  3. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click Restore and confirm / continue.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did all the 5 steps OK, but what is the restore click ?

When you did the 5 step process, then what did you see in the iTunes application on your computer? anything new, anything different?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The iPhone app turned off when I connected the usb cable

What iPhone app?

Open the iTunes application, and connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB cable, and cancel the prompt about passcode lock if shown

, then on the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button for about another 10 seconds, then what do you see next in the iTunes application on the computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your iPhone's issue directly through your computer for you?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't wish to give you access to my computer. Re the above at first the prompt did not disappear, after 3 times the prompt changed to 'this device is no longer connected', but clicking OK doesn't make it go away ??
  1. Open iTunes application on your iMac computer.
  2. Connect the iPhone with the USB Cable to a USB port at the back of your iMac computer.
    Does the iTunes application say " iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is locked with a passcode."? If yes, cancel that prompt, but make sure to leave the iTunes application open.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time. After 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button for about another 10 seconds. , then what does it show anything in the iTunes application on the computer now?

Please let me know. Thank you.

How is it going?

By the way, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen and we have an A+ service at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you since this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will continue providing written instructions.

- What's showing in the iTunes application on the computer now?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.