Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Tying to get my HP Officejet j6480 to print with Mac

Customer Question

tying to get my HP Officejet j6480 to print with Mac OfficePro
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: printer is on the network, but my Mac doesn't see it. both are on 2.5 wifi
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: just a sec
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: macbook pro osx 10.10.5
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Would you please tell me: do you have other devices on your network that are able to print to this printer?

Also, were you attempting to set it up using the built-in printer software available on your Mac, or had you downloaded/installed the official software driver available from HP (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31995/mp-109977-3/OJ_AIO_J6400_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe)?

Thanks for the additional information. I look forward to hearing back from you and helping you resolve this problem!