Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I still cannot get Apple tv to connect to the internet. : It

Customer Question

I still cannot get Apple tv to connect to the internet.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It all started when I bought Hulu. I already had Netflix. when I tried to connect to Hulu all bets were off, including my Netflix. Have tried rebooting, unplugging, plugging. It will not connect to my computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: MacBook Air. My Netflex ran through my MacBook pro. My Macbook pro still responds to my apple tv briefly by playing music. different songs it bounces around but at least I see a flicker of hope. I mostly use Macbook Air.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Wondered that maybe it could be related to the password ***** is used to the internet to the house. I really not positive that I am entering the right network and password ***** it. It has been messed with visitors.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It is possible that the settings are corrupted, I'd recommend to reset it and then setup it as new Apple TV. Go to Settings > General > Reset. First try Reset All Settings.

After that, go to Settings > WiFi and connect to your WiFi network. Check if it is working now.

If not, then goto Settings > General > Reset and this time tap Restore. This will restore a fresh software on it. Then connect it to your WiFi network where your Macs are connected. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.