Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I bought a gigaware vhs to DVD converter a few years ago but

Customer Question

i bought a gigaware vhs to DVD converter a few years ago but am only now getting around to using it. I use Macs so do you have a driver I can download so that iMovie recognizes the USB converter and will record the video as I play it from my VHS player RCA outs.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.

Hello Leslie, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

The Gigaware VHS to DVD convertor has hardware and software REQUIREMENTS. If your computer hardware or software falls out of line with the requirements, then your options for running the Gigaware Convertor on that particular computer become very very limited.

.

Do you have the model number, or do you still have the original box/package? The original box will almost always have printed on the outside, the computer hardware and software/OS requirements needed. If you dont have the box, the original documents might have it listed as well.

.

C-Grade niche hardware peripherals older than just a few years, start to exhibit problems with being compatible with the NEWER hardware, and Operating Systems.

.

Although.....you could use a Virtual Machine, and virtually create the hardware and, boot up a specific OS that works.

Are you familiar with VM's (Virtual Machines) and how they work, and how they can be extremely useful?

Hello out there......Leslie....are still interested in getting some help?