Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

A proper restart has no effect on my ipad which was blank

Customer Question

A proper restart has no effect on my ipad which was blank this morning after being in charge overnight. Any other tricks that might restart it please? All content is backed up via icloud in a worst case scenario
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hello, thanks for your question,

PleasePress and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that does not work - I said that in my question
nor does doing a full reset using USB cable and holding down the home button as connect the cable to the ipad
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Try to restore the ipad by following the steps below :

1-Download Itunes from :

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information :

Hope this help, if you need further assistance please let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that didnt work before - tried again but it still doesnt work.
Infact on my itunes on the PC my iphone doesnt get spotted so I am wondering if there is a flaw within itunes - it says it is up to date though
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all the info you have told me I already had found out from the internet - I was hoping you would have a different / another idea!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry but I need to have a quicker response than in 24 hours having paid you £17 to resolve the problem.- as my husband can buy me a new one late Monday night at Dubai airport if I cannot get the ipad to fire up.
I had expected something a bit more technical than the same answers as I found on line and tried.
I explained a full restart didnt work yet all I have been to do is to do that!
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking, so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how can I get a refund of the £17 - as unfortunately I have had no help for it.