Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My iCloud account has the same password as My Apple account.

Customer Question

My iCloud account has the same password ***** My Apple account. I have Apple Match and iTunes w/Apple Music shared plan for my family. I do not want my Apple iCloud account password ***** same as My iTunes Music and Match. Everyone has my iCloud password ***** How to separate ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before you do the following, which will accomplish exactly what you want. Make sure that you have a backup email and a recovery phone number listed for your apple id.

Once you have verified that, then all you need to do is create an app specific password ***** itunes, or itunes match, that way that y our not using your actual icloud / apple id password, but a generated password ***** only for the itunes or itunes match.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

You may want to change your icloud / apple id password ***** that way that no one else knows it.. A nd then when you create the app specific password, that singular password ***** that app itself, is the only one anyone else would have or need.

If you get stuck or have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

It says question closed? Not done yet. My AppleID page only has password ***** for that only, no Music or iTunes or Match. Where are those??

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I havent heard from you in almost two weeks, thats probably why the system closed the question.

If you could, please respond after receiving this reply to let me know if it helped you, or if you still need more help. Thank you.

With that being said, did you try the following for both itunes and match?

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Edit.
  3. Click Generate Password ***** follow the steps on your screen.

After you generate your app-specific password, enter or paste it into the password ***** of the app as you would normally.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Dustin,

Please be aware that Just Answer is and has been having server issues where my answers are posted to other questions I have posted. As well I am not being alerted to whan you answer questions much of the time. This has been an issue for at least 6 months and I have sent screen grabs to JA but am not getting any response. I know JA Experts are having issues as well because a Florida plumber I use has had to have me call him to continue a repair. Just a FYI.

That said, yes I tried what you said regarding my Apple ID and that is why I responded . There is, and I have changed, a section to change my Apple ID Password. However I cannot locate the App Specific password ***** for Music, iCloud, Match only the Apple ID.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ive noticed issues myself especially today, and over the last week.

Maybe it would be best if I temporarily connect to your mac and try to help you with this directly so I can see whats happening. ( And avoid any reply issues on either of our ends )

Ill send that offer to you now, once clicked and accepted or rejected we can continue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I have been trying to respond but JA keeps giving me a 522 screen. I will try later, hope you get this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Seems to be working so try again. I will get back with you tonight or tomorrow but be advised I have a PC, not a MAC. Would that make any difference in your instructions?