Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I bought a new printer hp envy4520. i have a mac snow

Customer Question

i bought a new printer hp envy4520. i have a mac snow leopard computer what should i do to make them comparable?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, no official drivers are available for Mac OS X 10.6.8, for that model. The printer is not officially supported on 10.6.8. You need to upgrade your OS X to 10.8 or later version to get that printer working with your Mac.

Let's try to add it. Go to System Preferences > Print and Fax and click the + button. Does it recognize the printer ? If so, add it there. Also go to Apple > Software Updates and do all updates after connecting the printer.

If that didn't work, then you need to upgrade the OS X.

Follow the steps below to upgrade the OS X if your Mac support it.

Click on the Apple icon and App Store. This will bring App Store. Click Updates tab. If your Mac can handle latest OS X, then you will see Mac OS X El Capitan there with FREE UPGRADE button. Click Free Upgrade and enter your Apple ID and password.

This will download the update. It may take a few hours to download. Once the download is completed, it will bring the OS X Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. It may take up to 3 hours to install the upgrade.

After upgrading, you will be able to setup your printer.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know.