Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My husband's Mac no longer recognizes s password to get

Customer Question

my husband's Mac no longer recognizes his password ***** get into the computer. He has had the same password ***** id for a long time.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

OK restart and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK… try to login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Let me know after.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the screen remains black
..no apple or anything.only thing that comes up is to box to access his computer
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Pleas stay on this question. I said to RESTART then hold the Shift key. If you can't just hold the power button for 10 seconds then start it up and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK… try to login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Let me know after.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

It seems you are already working with another expert please go back to your original question and do not start any new ones, click here: http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/459724733b974b349e4d6c380afd07fe#

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It worked!!! thanks you very much. ********** a ten star answer.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

OK great! If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. 10 stars!!
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

No you have to click on the ratings and Accept my answer so I get paid, thank you. Do you understand? If you don't see it please click the Help link at the bottom of the question page or email *****@******.*** and the Customer Support department will correspond with you directly to assist you.