Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have uploaded a few hundred pictures to Photo and then

Customer Question

I have uploaded a few hundred pictures to Photo and then created an album in Photo. How do I order a photo book of my album? When I try to load the album to create the book, the app pulls the pics from the photos file vs. album file. I've spent hours putting everything in the right order in the album and don't want to start all over again. Thank You.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OS X version 10.11.5
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

All you should have to do is pull up only the album you want to order from on screen, and then in the photos app go up to the menu bar at the top and click on File > Order Prints. Click on all the photos that you want prints of and then click Add in the upper-right corner of the window.

When you click on file, order prints, it should stay in the same album window you have up. Or, you should be able to select just the album you want.

Is that not whats happening?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I'm trying to create a book, not order prints. It takes the photos from my album and re-sorts them into time/date sequence which reflects the uploading order but not the order of the album.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

It should be respecting the manual sort order that you have set.

Unless you have changed something in your view, sort options.. It could be that your photos or app store preference files need to be repaired or deleted..

Ive sent an offer for a screen sharing session, which would allow me to connect and view the issue and work to resolve it directly on screen.

If youd like to try that, click and accept the offer.. Otherwise, reject the offer and we can discuss going over the sort options and possibly repairing the preference files.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In view window, under sort, the only option listed (and checked) is keep sorted by oldest first. It doesn't offer me any other choice.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Will it let you uncheck that option?

And also, are you already in the book order page, selecting photos, when your checking the sort options?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm just going to do it again manually. It's my understanding that the charge will not be put through. Is that correct?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

As long as you dont submit a rating, the full charge shouldnt go through.

If you do get charged, which I have no control over. The link below will help you request a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thanks for trying.