Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have the Mac OX X 10.6.8 operating system and want to

Customer Question

I have the Mac OX X 10.6.8 operating system and want to upgrade. Am IO able to do that ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That depends up on the hardware of your Mac. The latest is OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Follow the steps below to upgrade the OS X if your Mac support it. Click on the Apple icon and App Store. This will bring App Store. Click Updates tab. If your Mac can handle latest OS X, then you will see Mac OS X El Capitan there with FREE UPGRADE button. Click Free Upgarde and enter your Apple ID and password.This will download the update. It may take a few hours to download. Once the download is completed, it will bring the OS X Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. It may take up to 3 hours to install the upgrade. Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well I followed that and i entered download however i get messages that the app store quit unexpectedly. Is it possible that my current version will not upgrade because it is too out of date.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
No. If you see El Capitan upgrade in App Store, that means your Mac is supported. It is possible that the upgrade is still being downloaded. In Finder, click on Go menu and select Applications and this will Applications folder. Do you see a app named Install Mac OS X there with a progress bar underneath it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
If it still not downloading, then download and install this update --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1400?locale=en_US Then restart your Mac and try to upgrade to 10.11 from App Store