Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I bought a new iPhone 6s and restarted it. Then I wanted to

Customer Question

I bought a new iPhone 6s and restarted it. Then I wanted to transfer apps & data from my old iPhone 5 . The information I've got from safari doesn't apply to me because that information works for a device that has not bee restored yet.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Do you have access to a computer there ? There is an easy way to transfer everything from old iPhone to new one using your computer
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
We can backup the old iPhone to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPhone. Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the old iPhone to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPhone icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons. This will bring the Summary screen of iPhone.Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPhone to your computer. Then disconnect the old iPhone. Then connect the new iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone at top left. Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPhone from the drop down menu. Click Restore. This will restore everything from old iPhone 5 to new iPhone 6S. There is another method to restore the backup of iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S from iCloud. If you already setup the iPhone 6S, then you need to erase it and you will get an option to Restore from iCloud backup, so you can choose the backup of iPhone 5. On the 6S, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. This will erase the iPhone 6S. Setup it after erasing and choose Restore from iCloud backup. Choose iPhone 5's backup and make sure you sign in with the Apple ID/iCloud ID you used on your old iPhone 5. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.