Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I had to reinstall pro tools on my mac & now I can't hear

Customer Question

I had to reinstall pro tools on my mac & now I can't hear any music coming through my headphones. I can only hear my voice through the microphone. Also, I don't know if these issues are connected but pro tools is not recognizing my keyboard when I try to set up a midi track.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
1. In ProTools 9 and later, go to Setup menu>Playback Engine and confirm that the Current Engine (driver) is set to your current audio interface.2. To reset the input/output labels:Go to the Setup menu>IO SetupGo to the Input tab.Select all the paths on the screen (Command-A or hold shift and click each one)Click Delete Path. It will warn you they’re in use, go ahead and delete them anyway.Then Click Default on the screen.Repeat those steps on the Output and Buss tabs.3. In the Outputs Tab, set the Audition Path to your main stereo output.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have pro tools 7 & I've already tried that when I googled it but it didn't work
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
What system version? What are the settings in System Preferences/ Sound / Output?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
I see you started a new question please stay on this question you did not answer my reply?