Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

The majority of my contacts disappeared. If I look at recent

Customer Question

The majority of my contacts disappeared. If I look at recent calls many will now show a number where yesterday they showed a name. 25 contacts remain (most but not all "A" "B" and "C" contacts) but almost all others are gone. Is there a way to retrieve them without making an appointment at the Apple Store? I did not turn off my phone or run any updates. Not sure how it happened...just want contacts restored. My phone number is(###) ###-#### My email is***@******.***. It is an Apple 6, company issued. Had it less than a year.
Category: Mac
Expert:  patriciomolina replied 5 months ago.
did you do a backup go iCloud? you could restore your contacts that way
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do you access the iCloud?
you can go to and see if you have any data backed up. You can also do it from within your phone. Settings > iCloud > contacts
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My phone says my iCloud storage is nearly at capacity but there are no contacts showing at all when I visit
My # ***** contacts was previously at 25. Then it went up 76. It is now at 101...but still shy of where it should be. I don't know why things are seemingly being restored. Hopefully it will continue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have you heard of this happening before?
they should be local. They will show up in iCloud if you synced it. I would suggest you do a local backup using iTunes and restore your contacts from iCloud.