Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Pearl, my Macbook hard drive crashed. Now replaced but I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my Macbook hard drive crashed. Now replaced but I cannot get it to recognise my Administrator password ***** order to re-install various programmes.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Sorry, name is Nick
JA: Have you done any troubleshooting yet?
Customer: Only web searching for similar problems... Troubleshooting?
JA: The Mac expert can get you a quick fix for this. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Plenty I am sure but not at this stage thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Can you clarify you "replaced" the drive and installed a new system or what exactly? Did you use an install disk? Or did you take it somewhere and have it replaced?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help?