Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

My MAC Mini screen goes blank and I get the message "No

Customer Question

My MAC Mini screen goes blank and I get the message "No signal".
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.
Hi! Please try these steps: Press Command-Option-Escape to force quit any application that is not responding.Put your Mac to sleep by choosing Sleep from the Apple menu. Wake the computer after it has gone to sleep.Restart your Mac by choosing Restart from the Apple menu.Shut down your Mac by choosing Shut Down from the Apple menu.If your Mac isn't responding, force the Mac to shut down by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. You'll lose any unsaved work in any open applications.If you're using a Mac notebook computer that is having issues related to power or the battery:Unplug the power adapter from your Mac and the electrical outlet for several seconds, then plug it back in.Shut down your Mac. Remove and re-insert the battery, if it's removable battery.Restart your Mac.