Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have lost my safari history JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

hi - i have lost my safari history
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my daughter has deleted safari history and i need to find it
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Was your safari history deleted from your mac, or your iphone or ipad?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi from the mac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Come on!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello??
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
If you have time machine setup and running, then start time machine and then restore this file ~/Library/Safari/History.plist That will do the trick!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi time machine not up and running
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you help??
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Do you have carbonite, or any other backup software?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i ve just paid 5 dollars
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Im not sure if you seen my last question? Do you have carbonite, or any other backup software?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Since your reply came in an hour and a half later, it caught me while I was on my afternoon break. Ive just returned. If you dont have any backups, or t ime machine turned on. Then theres no way to restore the history. As you have no backups of it to restore. The only hope wed have is if you had similar history stored on your ipad, iphone, or in another browser on your mac, such as firefox or chrome. I wish I had better news for you, but those are the facts we have to deal with, unfortunately. Dustin S