Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Pearl my name is***** am trying to get the Chase bank app

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my name is***** am trying to get the Chase bank app update on my iphone but it's asking me for the password ***** an email I no longer use can you help me switch it to my current email?
JA: No, my name is Pearl.
Customer: how do i change it to my current apple id email?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no thats my only issue thank you Pearl.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Each application you downloaded using a particular Apple ID is tied to that ID/email address. That means whenever you try to update those apps from App Store, it will still ask for the old Apple ID/email regardless of what ID you signed on your iPhone now. So what you want to do is, just delete those applications downloaded using old ID and redownload them using your new ID/email and then that application will be tied to that account. Deleting the app will also delete its contents. It won't delete anything of server based apps like Facebook, Emails, banking etc. To delete, just tap and hold down the Bank app and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on the app and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search the Bacnking application and download it. Important : Go to Settings select iTunes & App Store and make sure you are using your new or active ID there. If you see old Apple ID there, then tap it and tap Sign Out. Then sign in to your new or working Apple ID If you have not created a new ID using your current email, then create Apple ID from here ---> https://appleid.apple.com/account If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask