Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I can't install the new version of Adobe Flash Player

Customer Question

I can't install the new version of Adobe Flash Player because I forgot my password.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. If you are using 10.7 or later version of OS X, then you can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. First go to System Preferences select iCloud. Click Sign Out button there and sign out. If asked to delete or keep stuffs, select Keep. If you only see Delete, then click Delete or OK. It is OK, you can reconnect to iCloud later. Then follow the steps below to reset the password. Turn off your Mac.Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.This will boot your Mac to"Mac OS X Utilities” menu.Click on the “Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".Type (without space) --> resetpassword ***** return. This will bring Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column, select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown. Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain. Then install flash player with the new password. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My Mac did not have the OS X Utilities menu, so I could not complete the reset password. Please cancel my credit card charge.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
We're just started. There are many other ways to reset the password. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Appl icon and select About This Mac. If I couldn't solve your problem, you will get full refund
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
We can boot your Mac to a special mode called Single User Mode. Then type some commands/texts there which will force your Mac to bring the new account setup screen. So you can setup a brand new admin account and then use that account to reset the password ***** your original account. This might seem a little difficult, but it is actually easy. Follow the steps below to create anew User Account in Single User Mode. • Turn off/shut down your Mac.• Turn it on and immediately hold down the Command(Apple) and S keys together for 10 seconds to boot into Single User Mode• When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Administrator account (hitting return after each line). Also, note down the spaces between the commands, like a space between mount and -, space between -uw and / etc mount -uw /rm/var/db/.AppleSetupDoneshutdown -h now (If it returns any errors, then you are entering the commands incorrectly. Make sure you enter it correctly) When you enter last command and press return, the Mac will shut down. So turn it back on, you should be able to create a brand new Administrator account (when creating the account, if you're asked to transfer information, select Don't transfer) Login to new account. Then in new account (which will be blank), go to System Preferences> Accounts or Users & Groups, select your old account and change/reset the password. Then logout from Apple menu and login to the old account. Let me know how it goes
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
If you have any difficulty, please let me know