Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a powerbook g4 and when I open safari google takes a

Customer Question

Hello I have a powerbook g4 and when I open safari google takes a while to load up, but when I surf from the google page everything is super fast! I tried loading youtube as well and it just sat there for a little! Is there anything I can do to speed this up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Most of the websites requires (and are designed mainly) for) latest version of browsers and since you are using older Safari, these are common issues. There are a few things you can try. First reset Safari. Go to Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari. This will reset history, cache etc Then click on Safari menu and select Empty Cache. We can also change the DNS ofyour Mac to Google DNS. This will improve the browsing performance. Go to System Preferences select NetworkUnder Network, select Airport and click Advanced (If using Ethernet, select Ethernet or your connection)Select the DNS tabAdd the following DNS and delete the old ones from there.8.8.8.88.8.4.4Click Apply and OK.Restart your Mac and try the websites. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I did it right, but it still isnt speeding up
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
The main reason is those websites are using latest technology, flash, etc and your Mac too old to run them. Make sure your internet is not slow by going to www.speedtest.net and run the tests. Let me know the results please. Also go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. Select your hard disk in left column. Click Verify Disk and then Repair Disk and also Repair Permission,