Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am copying files from hard drives to my iMac under OS X

Customer Question

I am copying files from hard drives to my iMac under OS X 10.11.5. I am trying to copy single files or groups of files from two HDD's one using the USB 3 port. the other using the lightning port. The result is always the same "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code =8058)
Hell if I can't copy my files to my new iMac why did I by it. I have a MacBook pro, A MacBook Air and an iPad mini.
Please help me!!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
What format are these hard drives? Where did these files come from? There is no lightning port on an iMac that is the port on Apple devices like iPads and iPhones. Also what folder are you trying to copy the files to on the iMac?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need help you never answered my questions?