Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I just upgraded to El Capitan a few days ago. Now I am

Customer Question

I just upgraded to El Capitan a few days ago. Now I am having trouble getting Time Machine to do the backup. It says it is preparing backup but seems stalled as it has been 'preparing' for quite a while... now what do I do to get it to work properly?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.I'm working on your question. I will reply in a few minutes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Go to Apple > System Preferences > Time Machine. Turn off Time Machine switch there. Then unplug the external hard drive. Then wait 2 minutes and plug it back. Then go to Apple > System Preferences > Time Machine and turn it on. Then click Select Disk or Select Backup Disk. Select your backup disk and confirm it and close that screen. Then click on Time Machine icon at top bar (near to WiFi,Bluetooth etc icons) and click Backup. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.