Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Have message that my iTunes application is corrupt and needs

Customer Question

Have message that my iTunes application is corrupt and needs replacing. The error number is *****
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
• The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??)
• Processor
• Memory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.11.5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Let's check some things before we begin:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help you never came back?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello?