Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

My ipad is frozen with an iTunes icon and a power cord

Customer Question

my ipad is frozen with an iTunes icon and a power cord pointimg at it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my ipad is frozen with an itune logo and a power cord pointing at it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no just that it is a older ipad
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt means it has crashed and needs to be connected to iTunes.Can you connect the iPad to your computer please.Then open iTunes on your computer (you can download it from if you do not have it).itunes will detected it and will either want to update or restore it.Do this and tell me if the iPad is now functioning please.