David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I bought an IPad Mini last week and am unable to connect I

Customer Question

I bought an IPad Mini last week and am unable to connect I have reset the passwords but each time I connect through ITunes It says IPad is disabled.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to help with your question.At what point does the iPad give this message? It's most likely that it is the passcode screen but you mention being able to access iTunes so I am unsure if you can get past the lock screen.I have the steps you need to fix if its the lock screen, but if you can get past the lock screen and the error comes from some other point, please get back to me and let me know where that is.This should be a straightforward enough fix if it is just that you are locked out at the lock screen. Thanks for getting back to me in advance, we'll work this out.
Expert:  David replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I don;t know why you have not been able to reply, or if there's anything I can help with.If you're having trouble replying but you can read this, you can open the following link to try fix this particular issue.Scroll down, to "Erase your device with recovery mode" and carry out the 4 numbered steps:https://support.apple.com/HT204306
Expert:  David replied 6 months ago.
Get back to me when you can. If there's any new information you can include it in the reply.Best regards,David.