Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I keep getting a browser called Ask When I try to so a search

Customer Question

I keep getting a browser called Ask When I try to so a search with google on firefox. I never ordered Ask. It seems to never take me where I need to go or at least it takes much longer. How do I get rid of this or is this part of Google now. My computer seems genuinely slower to respond when I do a lot of things, now, too ever since I noticed this Ask program.
Second question. I see something called malwarebytes Anti Malware on my computer. I don't remember asking for this and am afraid to click on it for fear it is a scam.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware application is good to use. But don't purchase anything from it; just use its free feature only. For fixing Firefox / search / google internet issue, please try the following fix:- In Firefox application, please click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on the ? (question mark) icon at the bottom, then click on option Troubleshooting Information.; (Or in Firefox application, click on the Help menu at the top, then click on option Troubleshooting Information.), then click on option Refresh Firefox..., then click on option Refresh Firefox. Then wait a bit, and check.- That should work, but if needed, please click on Firefox menu at the top in Firefox, then click on Preferences. Then type google.com in the Home Page box. Then click on Search on the left, then click on the dropdown list at the top, then click on option Google. Then quit Firefox, then re-open it and check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,