Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to get

Customer Question

I have spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to get upgraded from 10.6.8 tp 10.7.5. I have been tangled up on a frame not accepting any password ***** could think of .. JUST DO IT!!! John Bate***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
Can you clarify a "frame"? If you haven't installed yet I suggest you quit that restart and run this test first:Click on the first icon in the Dock (the list of icons at the bottom of your screen) which is the “face” the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Disk Permissions on the left.Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Disk Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
Then go to System Preferences / Users / Select your account and change the password, you will have to enter your old password ***** which will tell you if you have it correct.