Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Our Ipad 2 will not connect to wifi or cellular. We

Customer Question

Hello, our Ipad 2 will not connect to wifi or cellular. We have done a hard reset and erase all network settings and re entered the profile but no change. When booting up the apple logo appears as normal and says searching in top left.But then the scrren goes to the 'slide to unlock' screen - but will not slide. After then pressing the home and sleep wake buttons the screen goes blank and then 'slide to unlock' page reappears and the slider works - and it says no service in the top left.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: The Ipad is on a boat and we don't have access to a back up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have the Ipad with me. It is in Englandwith my husband! I am in the US and we can't talk on Skype.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Without access to a backup, and your husband being on a boat. Options are limited. Most likely, whats happened is the ipad is trying to connect to a network that it isnt compatible with, such as a CDMA only or 3g network.. Does your husband have a smartphone that has a data connection by chance? If so, is it an iphone or an android phone?