Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I accidentally restored my iPhone when all I was trying to

Customer Question

I accidentally restored my iPhone when all I was trying to do was to recover a deleted text message. I lost my son's wedding pictures as well as all of my contact information from the past year
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was trying to recover a deleted text messages from a dear friend, and I accidentally did a restore and lost all of my pictures, as well as my contact information.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm very sorry that you lost your files. Unfortunately, you can't undo it. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone. When you restored, everything was overwritten with new data. Your only hope is iCloud/iTunes backup. If there is iCloud backup, then you can restore your phone to that backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and do you see a more recent backup there ? If so, you can erase your iPhone and restore to that iCloud backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore your iPhone to more recent backup. If that didn't work, then check if there is any backup on iTunes. Click Restore from Backup in iTunes on your computer. If there is any backup, select it and hit Restore. If that didn't work, then try this recovery application on your computer --> Try the trial version. If that didn't work as well, then I'm sorry. There is no way to get the old data back. I know you are looking for a direct solution, but there isn't any unless there is a backup made on iCloud or iTunes on your computer. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.