Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I tried to down El Captain and I now have a white screen.JA:

Customer Question

I tried to down El Captain and I now have a white screen.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well, I tried to update to newest system on a IMac that is several years old. Think I bought in 2010.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Well, I think it download ok, but when it went to install, I got a white screen and grinding noise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.then connect the power cable, power on the Mac and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have done that, I have put my credit card in twice - want one refund - have answered you - now I see somebody else is handling this - I don't understand what is going on. Can you connect to something that isn't working correctly?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, you just need to reply here, and a refund for your other duplicate question has been issues.No one else is handling your case but me.Just keep to this one question please.Did you do the instructions I gave you? I repeated them belowCan you remove the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.then connect the power cable, power on the Mac and tell me what then happens please.