Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I bought a new iPhone 6 son. He did a backup of his

Customer Question

I bought a new iPhone 6 for my son. He did a backup of his old iPhone 5 to iTunes several days ago. He didn't have time to restore the backup to iPhone 6. He started using the iPhone 6 and had taken some pictures. Tonight, he finally had time to restore the backup to iPhone 6, he thought the pictures he had already taken on the iPhone 6 would stay there after he restored from the backup that he did several days ago. The new pictures are gone. Is there anyway to retrieve them?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
If he had already signed in to the iCloud and had the iCloud Photo Library turned on or PhotoStream go and sign in select Photos they should be there.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
Did you check there?