Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I forgot my AppleID password, and I want to erase all data

Customer Question

I forgot my AppleID password, and I want to erase all data so I can give my Iphone to my daughter-in-law, can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. You can reset the phone to factory state using DFU restore. Please refer http://www.payetteforward.com/how-to-put-iphone-dfu-mode/ to know how to enter to DFU mode and restore the phone. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jins, I cannot have you remotely help me because my iphone has been deactivated......so my phone number is ***** my new phone, not the iphone that needs to reset my Apple ID and password, so how can you help me?
Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jins, when you said that you can help me remotely, I am thinking you want to enter my Iphone, however my Iphone is deactivated so calls cannot be made to my phone so I had decided that I gave my son this phone so he could possibly do it himself via tutorials on Youtube. I see that my credit card had a second charge of $25........this can't be because we have not finished via your website. Please issue a credit to my credit account. Thanks HJ
What I mean was remote in to your computer and resetting the phone using iTunes.RegardsJins
If you do not want to continue, please let me know. Then I can file this for refund. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jins, thanks for your response. As it now stands, I do not have the Iphone in question. I had it deactivated and now is in my son's hands. According to Consumer Cellular, there is a 180 days period before it can be unlocked since I bought it in January, 2016. I do not know why this policy is in effect but that is what it is. I own it outright because I paid off the installment plan. I am not happy about this at all!