Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an ipad air 2 and in Safari got a message that my system

Customer Question

I have an ipad air 2 and in Safari got a message that my system may be infected.
It says my internet access has been blocked to protect me and advised me to call the certified Tech Support Office at 1(***) ***-**** for immediate assistance.
I called this number and they told me to call Apple Support.
What is going on ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That is a SCAM message. Your iPad is not infected with anything. Follow the steps below to remove that message. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How did they get in and manipulate Safari ? I thought IOS was very safe. Unlike Windows.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
It was only a fake message. iOS is very safe. What you saw was a fake website page and nothing on your device was affected with that. These are spreading through advertisements mainly.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
There are many fake ads on internet. If you see any ads like "Your device has virus", "Improve battery life", ' Won Lottery" etc etc etc then DO NOT click on them. Just ignore them and these sites will not affect your device. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need help ?