Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have an iMac G3 "Ruby Red", from 1999. I want to donate

Customer Question

Hello, I have an iMac G3 "Ruby Red", from 1999. I want to donate it, but need to do a complete erase of the Hard drive and clean install. I have the original OS 9 install disc.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Forgot to add, that a few years ago I had Techserve install OSX 9.4.1,which's getting in the way of my erase attempts. For example, when I turn on my iMac G3--install the original disc--shut off the computer--restart pressing down the Command and C key, I get an error message with a Black and White Bomb icon. Can you help? Thanks, Barry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
You hold only the C key not Command C.... to begin with, so try that. Also that machine should be able to run Panther 10.3.9: you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.
Did you try that?