Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have an IPad II the screen is always black and will not light

Customer Question

I have an IPad II the screen is always black and will not light up. I thought it was the charger cord so I bought a new one, when plugged in it makes a sound like it is charging but the screen is always black. What is wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.